By: Eli Duah-Mensah
Each month, the Heritage Herald will focus on a student from our Extended Content Standards (ECS) program for our series “Student Spotlight!” This month, we interviewed Cheikh!
This series aims to bring more visibility to people with disabilities in our school. Often, people with disabilities are hidden in literature and academia. When people are included in writing and social activities, it helps deliver a sense of belonging and can enhance the productivity and enjoyment of the group as a whole! If you read about someone you’d like to be friends with, and they’re comfortable with it, try to talk to them! Without further ado, here’s the interview!
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- How would you describe yourself? (What are some things you’d like our readers to know about you?)
I’m thankful, and I like to hang out with friends. I also like to play the piano at home!
- Do you have a story about how classes have been the past few weeks? (What have you been learning in class, how are you liking it so far?)
- What is your favorite game?
Call of Duty. I also like to play wrestling games on my PlayStation. My favorite wrestling game is UFC.
- What are your hobbies? Do you have a fun story about your favorite hobby?
I like to write, listen to music, and do Tae Kwon Do. I’ve been doing Tae Kwon Do for six years, but I don’t do competitions. I also started a new program in Cary. I’m learning how to cook, and when I’m done, I’ll be Servsafe certified!
- Is there any recent moment you are proud of that you would like our readers to know?
- Who’s your favorite Disney princess/ What’s your favorite Disney movie?/ What’s your favorite movie?
Avatar 2. I also like Space Jam: New Legacy; I went to see it a few years ago; I went with my mom!
- If you were an animal or plant, what kind of animal or plant would you be and why?
A dolphin because I’ll be able to swim underwater.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Jamaica because I want to go have fun there.
- What is your favorite song?
Anything by Rod Wave, but I particularly love “Street Runner.” I also love Tupac, specifically “Changes.”
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I would want the ability to fly because if I were Iron Man, I’d love to fly in the air and see everything up from the sky.
- What is your most prized possession?
My phone and my fidget spinner. My mom usually buys things on Amazon, so she got it for me.
- What is your favorite random fact?
I don’t have a favorite random fact, but I do love learning about math, science and social studies.
- What is your favorite joke?
I don’t have one.
One thought on “Student Spotlight: Cheikh”
I am extremely proud of you. I love you.💕💕💕